Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloweeeeeee..n...n...

Halloween is almost upon us. Weeee... how the hell did it get that name? Some "ween" that was hallowed? For what? Being the great reason to put candles inside pumpkins? Or maybe that's it! Pumpkins were called weens once, and they were made hollow. Hollow the ween day...

Some people at work really got into the spirit of Halloween. There was a company party, where lots of UN-costumed people brought their costumed kids over. Lama and I were pretty much the only people from the company who dressed up in costumes. I a knight, Lama a viking short of his horned hat. He did have an axe. Might have trouble taking that back to Austria. Yeah, he was personally invited by Arnold "The Govena" to come work. Not really, but that would have been cool.

I used a program that came with my Mac called Comic Life. It's really meant for people to do funny stuff with the pictures they have in iPhoto, since it's kinda integrated into that. Those fortunate enough to have the utilities to draw get to use it to make their crappy cartoon sketch look more out of place with more professionally looking because of the speech bubbles. But that's just my opinion :) My cousin and I hated it when we got pennies instead of candy on halloween. That stuff adds up and it feels more heavy than we feel rich.

I'm getting used to my tablet. I think I've experience quite a few different ways to draw on a laptop. The first way was to draw on paper, scan and use the little pointer "nub" in the middle of some PC laptops. I got pretty good at that actually, but it was wicked slow. The second was the more straight forward, monitor is a tablet. I loved it, but expensive. I think my tablet is a happy medium, but man...if I could afford the tablet monitor, then that would be the way to go. I also wish Photoshop and/or Illustrator weren't so GODDAMN EXPENSIVE!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you buy this tablet ?

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-12695-The+Hello+Kitty+Wacom+Favo+tablet.html

Luc

8:08 AM, October 29, 2006  
Blogger Arun Rao said...

Similar... except not so hello kitty like... and bigger! :D

8:04 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, if you wanted a sword accesory, you should have dressed up as Ichigo from Bleach.

7:30 AM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home