Saturday, December 02, 2006

widescreen baby!

I went to a movie today, and got my tickets early. Lama, Pete and I decided to hit the Microcenter near by. Then I saw it... a sweet 22" widescreen monitor (Gateway FPD2275W), for only $399. It was an impulse buy, but oh so worth it. Just the number of features in it was beyond belief. In case you're wondering here's the highlights:

  • 1680 x 1050 Resolution (anything higher and it works but shows you a 1680x1050 view that slides around)
  • 5ms pixel response time (from white to black)
  • 700:1 contrast ratio (blacks look pretty good)
  • Variety of inputs (DVI-D with HDCP support being the big one, plus Component, S-Video and Composite input)
  • It can do 1080i sorta (just scales as necessary to fit in 1050)
  • Picture-in-Picture (need I say more?)
  • touch-sensor based buttons inside the bezel (tre cool)
  • De-interlacing algorithm in hardware (to make 480i and 1080i images a little nicer looking)
  • USB 2.0 hubs


Merry Christmas to me, Booyah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gouthami Rao said...

WHAT?! $399...I won't tell mom. see you at home soon.

9:46 PM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home